No parts of this publication may be reproduced, stored or transmitted in any form both for commercial aims and for personal and private ones
Km 14 from
Catania - 586 on sea level.
was dominion at first of the Di Giovanni family and then of the
Alliata one. The impressive Mother Church, Gagini work, is an evidence
of the Renaissance period. Inside the church we can admire a beautiful
painting by Giuseppe Rapisarda from Catania and a wall painting
by Pietro Paolo Vasta from Acireale. Other interesting and beautiful
churches are Del Bianco Church built in 13th century with a low
bell tower and precise decorations and St. Antonio of Padua Church
with a cloister in made lava columns.
name of the town comes from "Tres Casti Agni" (Three Innocent
Lambs) patron saints of the town: St. Alfio, St Filadelfo and St
Cirino, whose feast-day takes place on 10 of May and it is considered
the most beautiful in the province.
||The Sanctuary (left picture), dedicated to them,
was built on the place where the three brothers stopped to drink at
a spring before arriving at Lentini where they were martyrzed. The
Church, Romanesque- Lombard style started in 15th century, inside
we can admire a painting by an unknown painter of the 1700 representing
The Martyrdom of the SS. Brothers. The “Nudi”, people without shoes,
with shorts and a red band on the chest arrive here coming from Catania
and other Etnean towns in the night between the 9th and 10th of May
and they carry very heavy wax candles sometimes about a hundred kilo
as a devotion.