Old rural small church in the Sciara suburb with the name of S.
Maria Dell’ Aiuto, object of great devotion from all the citizens
and from the neighbourhood.
On the door there is the Episcopal coat of arm in marble of the
General Vicar Vincenzo D’Amico in a vacant seat, dating back to
1648. In the belfry two bells both dedicated to the Virgin of the
Help: the big one, paid by the believers, was melted in Giarre in
1886 by Mariano Arcidiacono son of Sebastiano Arcidiacono; the small
dates back to 1725.