The old inhabitants of the town dedicated the church
to S. Andrew; in fact it is in the oldest suburb, known as of the
Bonanni or S. Andrew.
His worship has to ascribe to the tradition he was
the patron Saint of the Martyrs Alfio, Filadelfo and Cirino, joint
patron saints of the town.
In the small belfry there is a bell dedicated to S.
Andrew, melted in 1891 in Giarre by Mariano Arcidiacono, son of